Followers

Wednesday 19 October 2011

Happy birthday, Ross!

Hiya,

I'm up at silly o'clock cos I tempted fate.... I posted on facebook about how well my little Charlie was doing without nappies overnight..... 3 weeks it had been, so I told the world and now I'm up and unable to sleep having stripped and changed him and his bed! That'll teach me! :-)

Today is the birthday of his little friend, Ross. Happy birthday, Ross! So I thought I'd share his birthday card with you.... I used one of my fave Forever Friends images and then only scraps from my scraps folder to do the rest - I'm quite proud of myself! :-)


As usual I coloured the image with promarkers....


A close up of the buttons to show the incredibly fiddly little bows I decided they needed!


I used:
Image - Forever Friends
Sentiment - Fizzy Moon
Promarkers
Papers - Tatty Teddy (spotty), Papermania Henbury Lane (stripy)
Papermania mini polka dots embossing folder
Quickutz cookie cutter stars
Papermania capsule collection buttons
Ribbon, pearls and embroidery thread from my stash

Challenges:
Creative inspirations - Monochromatic
Cupcake Craft Challenges - Buttons and bows (the bows are on my buttons!)
Forever Friends - Use a sentiment
Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge - White and one other colour
Totally Gorjuss - Bingo (middle line: stars, buttons, pearls)
Whoopsi Daisy - Free and easy

Right, I'm going to see if a mug of ovaltine helps me sleep! Night, night!

Love 'n' hugs,

22 comments:

CraftyC said...

Hi Mel, a fabulous card you have made. I'm up at silly time to, nearly 4am. Blasted dog wont settle and I'm past being tired. If its not kids is animals, (hubby behaving-lol) May not be my perky self tomorrow.....
Clairexx

Janet said...

This is gorgeous Mel.....great take on my sketch!x

Liz McGuire, said...

Aww, this is sweet. Bet he loved it. Thanks for your visit and lovely comments, hope you get a good nights rest tonight,

Liz x

MagsB said...

Oh I sympathise! It's the hauling around of bedclothes that's the most hassle, and of course by the time you've done that, you're wide awake (and the rest of the family is snoring!) Here's hoping your little'un will be dry all the time asap!

It's a lovely card in all those pretty shades of blue! I hope you have lots of sleep tonight!

luv, Mags x

Donna Mosley said...

Aww! this is so gorgeous Mel, love the adorable image and pretty blues. Aww! bless him, he was doing so well, hope tonight's a better night for you both.

Donna x

cebelica said...

Such a wonderful card. I love this shade of blue. The image is very cute too. Fab work!

coops said...

gorgeous card mel.i love your fab blue colours and details and the ff bear is stunning ;D

xx coops xx

Hazel said...

Mel

You have done a fabulous job with this card - those little bows definitely look super-fiddly to me.

Love the colours and the image - wonderful.

Thanks for joining us at the Totally Gorjuss Challenge this week and good luck.

Hazel

Diane's Card Designs said...

Beautiful card Mel. Such a sweet image and I love the blue fresh colours.
Diane xx

Sally said...

Oh Mel, been there done that, only it was years ago & I do feel for you. A really pretty card, I love all the blue & who doesn't like the FF bear, he's so cute & well coloured. Hope the ovaltine works.
Sally x

Joanie said...

Very cute image, lovely blue card. Thanks for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy.

Caroline said...

gorgeous thanks for playing along with us at Creative Inspirations this week xx

Sarpreet said...

This is such a gorgeous, Sorry it has been a while since I hvae been on your blog, it may be a little longer before I can start visiting regularly.

Helen said...

Awww..such a sweet card!
Thanks for joining us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge!
Helen x

Delphine said...

Gorgeous card! I love the image and your buttons and bows are too cute! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake and good luck! Delphine xx

The Crafty Blonde said...

Fabulous creation, thanks for joining in with this weeks challenge at Totally Gorjuss.
Lyndsey xx

Liza said...

Gorgeous work and fabulous button and bow elements. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

Liza x

Love crafts forever said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for playing with us at Whoopsi Daisy.
Hugs Nataliya.

Julie said...

Gorgeous card, Mel - love the image and colour scheme. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week, Juliexx

Wishcraft said...

Fab card Mel :o) Love the cute FF bear and great papers. Thanks for joining in at PFP and also at A Gem of a Challenge hun!

Good luck with the bed wetting thing... Dex has been dry during the day for absolutely ages now but still has pull-ups at night... most of the time they're dry but not always so we're not brave enough to go without yet! Lisa x

Lynne in NI said...

Great card ... love your sweet bear and fabulous stars - and I'll bet it took ages to get those little bows tied!
Wishing you dry nights filled with sleep ...!

Ria Zonnestraaltje said...

Super cute card :) thanks for joining a gem of a challenge this week :) hope to see you back with our next challenge :)
hugs Ria