Followers

Sunday 23 October 2011

Finally made a start on my Christmas cards!

Hiya,

I love Christmas so I don't know why I always take so long to start my Christmas cards!!! (Just to explain to those of you reading this through facebook... All the other cardmaking girls have been making their Christmas cards for months - yes, really! MONTHS!)  Now I'm afraid I can't take much credit for this one.... I went to a demo at my local craft shop and it was my fave lady doing the demo - Stamping Stacey!  I wish I'd got a link to show you her stuff - I must ask her next time I see her.... She showed us how to make a card very similar to this, this is my version of it.

I cut two holes in a scrap piece of card with my nesties and fixed it over the card blank with low tack tape. Then I used a sponge to sponge red ink from the edges to the centre to create the baubles. I then used a Christmas text stamp from Forever Friends (the whole message reads "Hugs make it Christmas in your heart") to stamp over the top.... The branches are actually a Christmas tree stamp from the same Forever Friends set turned on it's side. I stamped it numerous times before re-inking to get different effects for the branches.


I tied a couple of little bows in some sparkly stuff I found in my stash and hey presto! Incredibly quick and simple card. This might just be my saviour when I run out of time to make my cards (again!) this year!


And just because Charlie wanted to join in on all the fun I dug out an old Christmas card making kit I've had for years and let him have a go! He loved the glitter and punching out the snowflakes - we got into a right old mess but he loved it :-)


Challenge:
Little Claire's - Christmas

Right I'm off for a nice warm drink.... it's been getting chilly these past few evenings! Might need to put the heating on too.... :-)

Love 'n' hugs,

10 comments:

Diane's Card Designs said...

Hi Mel, I'm the same...love christmas but usually leave majority of my cards till the last minute.
These cards are both gorgeous. I love the baubles and ribbon you have used.
Diane xx

debby4000 said...

Love your gorgeous card Mel and Charlies too.
luv
Debby

coops said...

stunning cards mel.i really love the baubles one, its so stylish ;D

xx coops xx

Sally said...

Hi Mel, love your crimbo card. A clever idea to make the baubles, you've done a great job. Clever to use tree stamps for the branches too as they look very effective. Charlies card is so sweet but I bet that glitter went everywhere!
Sally x

Wishcraft said...

What a gorgeous design Mel, love the baubles and the tree stamp works so well for branches. Charlie's card is fab too :o) Lisa x

Louise said...

Fab card!
Thank you so much for joining us at Little Claire's x

Lynne in NI said...

Oh Mel, what a beautiful card! I've still a gazillion cards to make, I really must get me a 'Charlie' for some back up ... his card is fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Oh I love this and may have to borrow it, lol. Like you I promised to start my cards earlier this year and so far I've made one! And that's for a swap! xx

Mel said...

Oh Mel
I just love the cards! What a clever idea with the baubles! You'll have plenty made in no time, well if the Wedding Invites don't take over too much hee!
Aww love Charlies too!
Hugs Mxxx

gifts for men said...

Well, Your blog is one of the prove that you started Christmas work of this year. I am stopping by one of the my facebook friend 's blog land and following you back!