Followers

Sunday 1 August 2010

Something a bit different...







Hiya! Sorry I've been a bit quiet for a while but I've been on my hols :-) But I'm back now and I've been spending a silly amount of time crafting since I got back... Partly cos I've missed it while I've been away, and partly because of this little box! I started it a good while ago but it's taken me aaaaages! I've spent HOURS on it since I got back. Covered the whole thing, inside and out (lid too!) and then cutting and fixing those little letters so they fitted just perfectly... Anyway, I'm really pleased with the outcome. I wanted to make something a bit special for my pal who's getting married this week and I thought this would be lovely for her to keep little wedding memories in.
It is a bare basics box covered in Dovecraft wedding papers. I've used my scalloped circle nesties and the Bang! Zoom! sizzlets to cut out the letters. The ribbons, gems and flowers are from my stash.
I'm entering it into the following challenges:
Pollycraft Monday Challenge - Love and Marriage
Sarah Hurley Challenges - Anything goes
Sir Stampalot Challenge - Bring on the Bling
The Crafty Pad - Ribbons and Flowers

Hope you like it!
Love 'n' hugs,
Mel xx

19 comments:

Debs said...

Hey Chick :-)...amazing box..well worth all the effort...thanks for joining my challenge at SHC this week... Debs x

Suzi Mac said...

Wonderful creation, love the colour combo. A lovely keepsake box. Thank you for joining us at Creative Inspirations this week.
Hugs
Suzi x

PinksyDoodles said...

This is a fabulous box!
Thank you for joining us at the Sir Stampalot challenge this month.
Clare x

Lisa Jane said...

what a pretty little box and a great idea. Thanks for joining us at Sarah Hurley challenges this week
Lisa ;)

pinky said...

Gorgeous keepsake box. Thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot bling challenge.
Pinky

maxine said...

Hi This is beautiful thanks for joining us at The crafty pad this week.

Sarpreet said...

This is so beautiful, beautiful papers.

chris said...

Such a beautiful box , truly gorgeous.
hugs chris xx
thanks for joining us in the Sir Stampalot challenge.

Shell said...

what a great idea an it's a lovely keepsake for the happy couple. Thanks for joinig us at SHC this week.
Shell x

Francesca said...

your card is beautiful,Thank you for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month.
Hugs
Francesca

Debs said...

Simply stunning - I am sure your friend will treasure it always.
Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations challenge blog this week.
Good luck.
Debs xx

Suzi Mac said...

I'm back with my other hat on and want to Thank you for joining in this week at The Crafty Pad with your lovely work.
Hugs
Suzi x

Jennifer said...

Gorgeous beautiful creation! Really stunning! xx Jenny xx

Janie Printz said...

What a beautiful box. Love that idea !!! I'll have to give that a try.
Hugs, Janie

Tracy said...

Thanks for joining Sir Stampalot’s challenge with this great entry, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy

Liz McGuire, said...

Hiya, hope you had a fab holiday. This is really brill' I'm sure she will love it.

Liz x

Jenni said...

Wow, stunning box. I love it. Thanks so much for joining in with the Creative Inspirations challenge this week.
Jenni x

Unknown said...

This is lovely! thanks for joining us at Sarah Hurley Challenges :o) x

Sally H said...

gorgeous box! Great design and lovely bling. Thanks for joining us at Sir stampalot this month
Hugs, Sally