Followers

Sunday 28 August 2011

For my Mom.....

Hiya!

I'm up at silly o'clock again cos I can't sleep and it seems to be the perfect time to get my cards posted on my blog :-) Today is my Mom's birthday!!!! Happy birthday, Mom!!!!!

I used a fab sketch from Sketch Saturday but I didn't really think it through cos I couldn't post it on here till Sunday so I missed the deadline - duh! Oh well.....

I really enjoyed doing my distressed DT card for Dream Valley the other week so I wanted to have another go:


I've used (finally!) a beautiful Tilda my good pal Clare got me for my birthday - I stamped the image as soon as I got her but I've only just had the occasion (and time!) to be able to colour her in..... Thankyou, Clare, she's gorgeous!!!! I've added oodles of sparkle to her flowers and the lace on her dress but I'm disappointed with how it looks here - it looks fab on my camera :-(


I went around the edge with strips punched with the flower doily border punch from xcut. The papers are all papermania's summer bloom and the sentiment is one of papermania's relations clear stamps.  I've cut a cute little hummingbird from one of the papers and added it to the corner.....


Other things I've used:
Promarkers
Lace and ribbon from stash
Kraft cardstock

Challenges:
Charisma Cardz - Glitter it!
CRAFT - Colour fiesta
Sarah Hurley - Bling and sparkle
Totally Gorjuss - As you like it
CES challenges - Brown, pink and aqua

Finally I'd also like to show you a couple of the cupcakes I bought for my Mom when I went to see her a couple of days ago..... I hope you can see them properly - I had to take the piccies through the window on the box cos I'd have never got them packaged again looking so nice and the battery in my camera was dying! They were made by the incredibly talented Emma of Mai-Belles Cupcakes...... Please take at look at her gorgeous piccies on facebook to find out why I just have got to have these for my wedding day..... The giant cupcakes are amazing! The wedding towers are spectacular! And, I have to say, they taste every bit as good as they look :-) Thankyou, Emma!


Right..... I'll link these up and then I'm back off to bed to see if I can sleep now :-)

Love 'n' hugs,

17 comments:

Debs said...

Oh Mel your card is scrummylicious and so are the cupcakes! Love the distressing and the lace edging around the image.
Gorgeous work!
Thanks for sharing it with us at MAWTT this week.
Good luck.
Debs xx

martina's kaartjes said...

this is one lovely card ! lovely soft colors
have a nice day
greetings,martina
x

coops said...

stunning card mel.really beautiful colours and details and the tilda is so sweet :D
wow those cupcakes look too nice to bite and a big happy birthday to your mum :D

xx coops xx

Unknown said...

Thanks for joining us at CRAFT challenge this week with this really pretty card.

Kerry

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Just gorgeous hun & Hapy Birthday to your mom!

Thank you for sharing with us at MAWTT & CES Challenge this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Donna Mosley said...

Beautiful card Mel, love the pretty Tilda and sparkles. Love how you've cut out the humming bird and used it as an embellie. Ooh! very yummy cupcakes tooo. :o)

Donna x

Claire said...

Gorgeous cards, thanks for joining us over at Sarah Hurley this week.
C
xx

Clare Brown said...

Hi mel you always make me smile whenever I visit your blog and today you have made me hungry for some cake, your blog should come with a warning not good when your on a healthy eating week lol love your card and the added glitter good luck at sarah hurley challenges.

hugs Clare x

Lynne in NI said...

Oh what a fabulous card Mel, and GREAT JOB with your distressing! And those cupcakes look super yummy, I feel the need for a cuppa now and 'something nice'!

Janet said...

Ooh how fab is this, lovely colouring and distressing
http://janetscraftycreations.blogspot.com/2011/08/more-cards-completed.html

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Gorgeous card. Love the distressing and what a clever way to use your border punch.
Those cupcakes look very yummy!
Thanks for joining our colour combo challenge at CES this week.
Caroline xxx

Emma Williams said...

Such a gorgeous card, so...so pretty!! Good luck and thanks for joining us this week, over on Sarah Hurley's Challenge!!
Hugs Emma x

Heike's Creativeplace said...

Wow, your card is wonderful, the image is so sweet. Thanks for joining us at Totally Gorjuss this week and good luck.

Hugs
Heike

Leah l'Orange said...

okay, i had a hard time remembering what i came here for when i saw those cupcakes - YUM! they look GORGEOUS (i'd have to think about eating them)!

but your card is beautiful - i love the papers, and that little hummer is perfect! thanks so much for playing along at Charisma this week! :)

Lynne in NI said...

Hey Mel, congrats on your win over at CRAFT challenge!

Wishcraft said...

Such a pretty card Mel. Sweet image and your distressing looks FAB! Gorgeous cupcakes too, they look yummy :o) Lisa x

cebelica said...

Awww, the card is just soooooooo cute! I love the design and the cute image. And fab papers too. Oh, oh, oh, and those cupcakes look yummy! May I have one too? lol Just kidding. ;) Have a nice day! Hugs!