Followers

Sunday 2 October 2011

Dream Valley 17 - Monochrome

Hiya!

Hope everyone has been enjoying the recent gorgeous weather! I've had a really busy week at the allotment and taking my littl'uns to a never ending stream of kids clubs, swimming and football lessons and other social events but I have managed to squeeze in some crafting time! I've got quite a few creations to show you over the next few days but this is for the new challenge over at Dream Valley. This time we'd like to see your monochrome creations!!!!


I always seem to do my girlie cards in pinks and purples but I've got some really pretty blue papers so I wanted to do a blue girlie card this time..... The image is of of Sugar Nellie's Manga Girls which I have not used nearly enough!

I've coloured her with my promarkers, cut her out and put her inside a nestie cut frame on foam pads to make her stand out a bit.... I took this photo at first but I'm struggling getting my piccies right at the moment....


so then I took this one.... The colours look better but then I've got all the shadows to deal with! I can't win!


I followed a lovely sketch at Sunday Sketch and Stamp although the deadline has now passed so I can't enter it.... :-( I've made my usual scrunchy flowers using scalloped circle layers that I've dampened and given a good scrunching before pinning together with brads.

I have used:
Image - Sugar Nellie
Papers - Forever Friends Pink Parfait (pale blue) and Papermania Henbury Lane (brighter glittery paper)
Promarkers
Nesties
Round corner punch
Ribbon, gems and brads from stash

Challenges:
Whoopsi Daisy - Make your own embellies (scrunchy flowers)
Wags 'n' Whiskers - Handmade (flowers)
Simon says stamp - Anything goes
Paperplay - White + 1 other colour
CES challenges - Totally gorjuss/pretty girls
The ABC Challenge - A for Anything goes

Right! I'm off to the allotment before we run out of sun :-) Have a fab weekend and hope you can join us at Dream Valley soon!!!!

Love 'n' hugs,

16 comments:

Khristen said...

Love your scrunchy flowers and that image is just adorable! Great card :) I love blues.

Carole of Brum said...

Oooh gorgeous in blues, Mel, this is lovely. Your colouring is great, particularly those fab highlights on her legs. CoB

Anonymous said...

This is just stunning! xx

Sabina said...

WOW!!! I love your beautiful card!!! Thanks for playing along with us at ABC!!

Mel said...

Oh honey!
Wowsers! I love it! the colour is lovely and that Manga girl is coloured amazingly!! Your so talented!
Hugs M xxx

coops said...

gorgeous card mel.fab image and i love your blue colours and stunning flower :D

xx coops xx

Lynne in NI said...

Awww she's absolutely gorgeous in blue! I hope you got plenty done in your allotment ... we've had an awful rainy weekend, I had big plans to get out and get some winter planting done but it was just too yeuch (so made loads of card instead LOL!)

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Gorgeous card, love the flowers they are fab!

Thank you for sharing with us at CES Challenge this week, good luck!
hugs Shell xx

Lin said...

I never know which to go with either Mel. Sometimes I wish I had a proper lightbox for taking my pics in!

This is gorgeous! Beautifully coloured and those flowers look fabulous.

Oh yeah and thanks for joining in the relaunch at ABC as well!

Lin xx

Mandy said...

Hey hunny :)
Your card is absolutely gorgeous Mel, so sweet and you've coloured it beautifully, love those flowers too.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp for our anything goes challenge and helping us reach over 1000 entries :)
hugs Mandy xx

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Wow! Stunning in blue. I struggle to get pics right too - but I think the shadow one looks perfect. It helps to show the depth you got with the foam pads.
Thanks for joining us at CES this week.
Caroline xxx

Anonymous said...

A great card - love the blue, one of my fav colours! Thanks for joining us at CES this week, Sheena xx

Mummylade said...

So cute and adorable Mel. Thank you so much for entering this in the SFTW challenge this time and good luck.

Unknown said...

lovely monochromatic card, Mel!!! and grat coloring, too!!
thanks for playing with us at ABC Challenge
hugs

Carrie's Corner said...

Love a blue girly card! This is adorable!

Hugs
Carrie

Diane's Card Designs said...

Hi Mel, I'm back again...lol.
Love this image she looks adorable. The colours look so fresh and love how she is sitting in the frame.
I have a new computer now and it's sooo fast. The old one was taking ages going from blog to blog. I'm catching up on commenting. Going to look at your next card now....lol
Diane xx