Followers

Sunday 3 February 2013

Dream Valley Challenge 50 - Valentine's!

Hiya!

My goodness! Is it that time of year already??? I'm still not straight after Christmas! But yes, it's time to start making those gorgeous cards for your loved ones because Dream Valley has a fab Valentine's challenge :-)

I've been working on trying to make some CAS cards I'm happy with cos I've never quite mastered the technique.... I'm not too disappointed with this one!  I decided to ditch the traditional reds and pinks and try a nice homely brown and cream colour scheme.... What do you think? Does it work?


I finished off the sentiment inside with a little handwritten piece. I tried to match the style of the stamp on the front... Erm, could be better....


And just for those of you who asked for the piccie of me in my pretty dress at my ball a couple of weeks ago..... I'm in the red and my fabulous friend Vicki is in the black and white. I owe her a lot. If it wasn't for Vicki I would still be frumping around, complaining about my weight and never doing anything about it. Thank you, Vicki - Love ya!


Anyway, pop over to Dream Valley and look at all the lovely inspiration from the rest of the DT....

Love 'n' hugs,

6 comments:

cebelica said...

I like the CAS look of your card. So elegant!
You look GREAT in that picture. I love the dress and I think it's perfect for you. You look like a diva!
Hugs! xx

MagsB said...

I love this, it's so simple and so heartfelt!

And I already commented on fb but I'll say it again - you look terrific in that dress! Go, you, for sticking to the diet (it's the wrong word, it's a new way of eating!) Bravo!!

love Mags B x

debby4000 said...

Absolutely love your cas card.
luv
Debby

Nathalie said...

So chic valentine's card. I love it.
Nathalie

Ellis said...

Lovely CAS Valentien you made, great colors too! =)
You look stunning in your red dress! =)
Hugs, Elenor

Desire Fourie said...

Mel your card is so elegant and you and your dear friend look very chic in your evening wear.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}