Followers

Saturday 17 July 2010

We love shopping!

Hiya!

I've been spending a lot of my time over the past few days looking after family as they've been suffering from a nasty bug :-( However, they all seem to be on the mend today so I took the opportunity to get back to my crafting :-) I'm always hoping to get just that little bit ahead of all the cards I need to make when something comes along and sets me behind again!

Anyway, the main thing I wanted to achieve with this card was the embossing... I've had several attempts at it but they never seem to come out quite right and you can barely see it. This one, however, has come out perfectly!!! I've used one of the new papermania embossing folders (this one is Victorian Fleur) in my bigshot. Love it! So much better than my previous attempts!

The image is We Love Shopping from Stamposaurus stamps and I've coloured it with my promarkers. The sentiment is from the Daisy and Dandelion birthday set. The papers are Cupcakes from Crafts House and the card is some leftover from my scraps bag (pat on the back!).

I'm entering it into the following challenges:
The ABC Challenge - Y is for You and me
The Crafty Pad - Yellow, orange and holes
Pollycraft Monday Challenge - Bold and bright
Paperplay Challenges - Sketch
Craftalicious Challenges - Birthdays

Hope you like it!

Love 'n' hugs,
Mel xx

7 comments:

Debbie said...

Hi Mel - what a wonderful card - fab image and love how you have used the eyelets. :)

Thanks for joining us at The Crafty Pad this week. :)

Debbie Crafty Pad Stamp Designs

Suzi Mac said...

Awe Mel, this is gorgeous, love the image and the DP's and the embossing. Thank you for joining us at The Crafty Pad this week.
Hugs
Suzi x

Tracy said...

fabulous card love the bright colours and great layout. Thanks for joining in with this weeks Pollycraft Challenge, I hope you will join us again, Tracy x

Clare Brown said...

such and bright and cheerful card Mel.Thanks for joining us this week at abc challenge.

hugs Clare x

Sarpreet said...

This is gorgeous, love the layout.

Mandy said...

Mel your card is absolutely gorgeous, so cute. I was just going to say I love that layout & realised it's our Paper Play one lol, so thanks for joining us at Paper Play & Craftalicious, good luck hun
hugs Mandy xx

Unknown said...

This is such a bright, colourful, cheery card! I love your image - who doesn't love a spot of shopping! I know what you mean about trying to get ahead with the card-making and "life" getting in the way - I hear you! Thanks for joining in with our sketch challenge at PaperPlay.
Alicia xx